Admissions Process and How To Apply
The Pinnacle School enables students with language-based learning differences to thrive by offering small class sizes and differentiated instruction, with an emphasis on collaborative problem-solving and relationship building. We integrate a strong academic and social cognition curriculum and social-emotional support services. It is through this approach that we empower our students to reach their true potential.
The Admissions Office works closely with you because we understand that while there is no best school for every child, there might be a best school for your child. We'll help you get to know Pinnacle, our philosophy, strategies for success, and how we partner with you during your child's education.
To learn more, use the form on the right, or call (203) 409-0068 x 226.
Director of Admissions
Admissions Process and How to Apply:
Our admissions process includes a thorough review of each student's learning profile to ensure we enroll students who will thrive in our program. Admissions decisions are made on a rolling basis.
(Click to expand)
+ Step 1: Submit documentation to the Admissions Office:
(NOTE: If your district is referring you for admission, they may send this information.)
- A pyschoeducational or neuropsychological evaluation, including the WISC V or comparable cognitive testing (conducted within the past three years).
- Any specialist evaluations, such as speech and language, occupational therapy, or academic evaluations (conducted within the past three years).
- Most recent IEP, if applicable.
- Recent school reports (within the last two years).
+ Step 2: The Admissions Office reviews the above information and determines whether to proceed with the admissions process.
+ Step 3: Attend a parent tour and admissions meeting.
- The parent tour is individualized to address your specific questions and needs, and allow our team to thoroughly understand your child’s learning profile. You will tour the school and meet with the Director of Admissions. This meeting is designed to confirm if Pinnacle might be a good fit for your child.
+ Step 4: Attend a student tour with your child.
+ Step 5: Apply for Admission by completing and submitting the following:
- Release of Information (for previous school(s), and private service providers)
- Parent Statement
- Student Statement
- Writing sample (representative work from school)
- $100 Application fee payable to The Pinnacle School (waived for district referrals).
- Recent digital or print photograph of your child.
- Send ‘Records Release’ to current school, not our Admissions Office.
+ Step 6: Complete student Shadow Day(s).
- Students ‘shadow’ Pinnacle students to try out the school for one or two consecutive school days. This gives us another insight into your child, and information from this day becomes part of your application.
+ Step 7: Admissions Committee reviews completed applications and makes an admissions decision.
- Once the application is complete, the Admissions Committee thoroughly reviews all information within two weeks to determine if Pinnacle is a good match for your child. Admissions are on a rolling basis until the school is fully enrolled, at which time qualified students will be placed on a waiting list.
Contact the Admissions Office
Pinnacle School does not discriminate in any employment practice, education program, or educational activity on the basis of race, color, religious creed, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability (including but not limited to intellectual disability, past or present history of mental disorder, physical disability or learning disability), genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by CT state and or federal nondiscrimination laws. Pinnacle School is committed to a policy of equal opportunity/affirmative action for all qualified persons and equal access to Boy Scouts of America and other designated youth groups. Inquiries should be directed to GEG’s Title IX coordinator, Robin Whittingham, 44 Commerce Road, Stamford CT 06902, 203-661-1609, email@example.com