College and Career Counseling is offered throughout a student’s high school career at Pinnacle. Students work individually with our counselor to accurately identify their interests, learning styles and abilities and how these relate to college majors, career fields and transition programs. Our comprehensive Career and College Counseling Program ensures the development of the best possible future plan for our students after graduation.
The College Counseling process focuses on the following:
- Identification of Social, Academic and Emotional Strengths
- Individualized Creation of a Post Secondary Pathway
- Exploration of Personal and Academic Interests
- Individual and Small Group Counseling
- Life Skills Assessments
- Standardized Testing Preparation and Planning
- College Application Assistance
- Course Selection and Academic Planning for High School and Beyond
- Executive Functions, Time Management, Organization, Study Skills
Throughout their high school career, students are assessed using formal and informal career and vocational testing for the purpose of post secondary exploration. One formal assessment used is the MBTI®, the world’s most widely used personality assessment, which helps students to better understand themselves and their personal learning style.